Although non-fungible tokens (NFTs) are a fairly recent addition to the crypto market, they have become widely popular around the world in a short span of time. NFTs are basically digital collectibles, which are a representation of real-world assets. NFTs can be in the form of artwork, sports cards, music albums, or even a game item. NFTs create many new ways for the creation of value in the digital world. If you are looking to purchase an NFT this year, here are 5 popular NFTs you can start your collection with.
1. CryptoPunks: This NFT collection contains 88 zombie punks, 9 alien punks, and 24 ape punks. Punks here represent pixelated digital art. The CryptoPunks NFT collection was launched in 2017 and is quite popular among the NFT collectors and even celebrities like Snoop Dogg and Jay-Z.
2. Doodles: This NFT collection consists of artwork from a popular illustrator Scott Martin, who goes by the name Burnt Toast. This collection currently contains around 10,000 Doodles, which are fanciful illustrations of apes and mascot aliens and cats.
3. Bored Ape Yacht Club (BAYC): This NFT is especially popular among celebrities and was recently bought by Eminem as well. The BAYC collection contains Yuga Labs’ artwork of different kinds of apes. The collection has around 10,000 NFTs, and buying an NFT from this collection can give you access to special offers like private digital concert invitations.
4. Axies: These NFTs are part of the play-to-earn blockchain game called Axie Infinity. Axies are used within the game as NFTs and also for gameplay. These NFTs have been sold for as much as $820,000.
5. Meebits: These NFTs are very much similar to CryptoPunks and were launched just last year in May. They consist of pixelated digital avatars which can be used in the digital world. The collection consists of around 20,000 unique Meebits.