The LAVCA organization has released fresh research that shows an overall rise of the private equity sector in the area. It focused on the attention which these firms have shown in cryptocurrencies last year. This area saw figures far beyond doubling from the preceding year. In the middle of the Covid-19 crisis, they recorded 4.14 BN USD in venture capital acquisitions in 2020. The inflow totaled 15.7 BN dollars in 2021.
Crypto, decentralized finance and blockchain acquisitions have far outpaced investor rates of growth in other traditional areas. The fintech industry, had the highest activity, with 6.1 BN USD committed in over two hundred plus deals, up nearly fourfold from 2020.
Large Potential, Handful Businesses:
The expansion was confined to a handful of corporations that dominate the region’s crypto market. The majority of the financing was split among 4 firms in the fundraising stages.
- Mercado Bitcoin received 290 MN USD in 3 fundraising phases.
- Bitso, another crypto network, has acquired 250 MN USD in funding.
- Ripio, an Argentinian exchange place, earned 50 MN USD in a fundraising deal headed by the Digital Currency Group.
- Lemon Cash, also based in Argentina, acquired 17.3 MN USD in a financing deal sponsored by the DCG.
Other advances in the B2B solutions industry were made in the early quarters of 2022, according to the research.
- Gavea Marketplace has raised 5 Mn USD,
- Agrotoken raised the same amount recently,
- Liqi raised 5.5 Mn USD in funding.
This is really good news for crypto investors and enthusiasts in South America.